Re: [Health] GNU Health

From: Robert Schilt
Subject: Re: [Health] GNU Health
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 17:08:20 +1000

Thanks for your ideas and comments on this one.

Basically, there is no such thing as a social security number in PNG. The government is currently trying to introduce a national ID card but is still some years away. Furthermore, peoples names can change from visit to visit (the concept of a fixed name is a very alien concept to many tribal folks around the world - not only PNG). The concept of uniquely ID'ing a patient easily is therefore a pre-req for any HIS in this part of the world.

If anyone on this forum has been faced with the same challenge we are open to ideas.

On 2015-06-16 09:31, Robert Schilt wrote:
> I don't think so. We are looking at Biometrics for the purpose of uniquely
> identifying patients. Not for staff to logon to the systems.

So why is something like Social Security Number not enough?
By the way, a party has a unique code assigned by the system for exactly
this purpose.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: address@hidden