Re: [Health] GNU Health

From: Robert Schilt
Subject: Re: [Health] GNU Health
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 10:05:48 +1000

Hi David,

Thanks for the link to SimPrints.
Have had a quick - looks interesting.

I remain curious whether anyone within the GNU community has done a similar thing.

Regards,

Robert

On 17 June 2015 at 08:04, David Bruchmann <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 4:34 AM, Robert Schilt <address@hidden> wrote:

I remain curious...  whether any one out there has been faced with a similar challenge (PUID) and what they discovered in the process.

in India it's used, there exists a project realized in several areas:

The linked organisation SimPrints  seem ignoring the fact of not-existing or lost fingerprints but I never digged deeper there and I might mistake.

I suppose in Africa exist some projects like that too but I never search more now.
Just search "identification by fingerprints in health system" in a search-engine of your choice to see more results.

One important issue about biometrics is the case that they might get lost intentionally by arranged accidents if there seems being any advantage by it.
There exist people with those ideas and it had at least to be discussed.

Best Regards,
David