Re: [Health] Registering a Patient

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Health] Registering a Patient
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 20:13:36 -0700

Hello!

On 06/26/15, Prakhar Bansal wrote:
> Hello Everyone !!
>
> Recently during a demo of GNUHealth, there was a issue raised which I found
> interesting.
>
> At present, we need to create a Party record and then create a Patient
> record to register a Patient. The receptionist/nurses/attendent who are
> going to fill up these forms will not find it easy to create a record in
> this way.
>
> We can create a Party record directly from a Patient's record. In this way,
> the person who is entering the data will not have to fillup 2 forms
> separately. Please let me know on your thoughts or if I have missed
> anything.

Sorry to probably misunderstand you, but, I believe, you can do it
either way. For example, you can create the Party first, then add the
Patient and connect the patient to the Party. Or you can add a Patient,
then, in the process, create the Party record. I think what you are
trying to say is that it would be easier to auto-fill/add the Party
record when you are creating a new record? The initial registration is
more like one form that's spread over two data models.

Hope that helps!

-C