Re: [Health] [Health-jamaica] Ebola, MERS, Zika, N.N. and GNU Health

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] [Health-jamaica] Ebola, MERS, Zika, N.N. and GNU Health
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 14:05:02 +0000

Hi Chris, team !
On Fri, 5 Feb 2016 20:44:16 +0700
"Christoph H. Larsen" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Absolutely, Luis, OSM is the way to go. Integrations abound and, what
> is more, mappings and trackings can be easily exported, edited,
> shared, etc. My team did not only map all district surveillance teams
> in Sierra Leone during the EVD crisis, but also mapped road
> conditions, relevant infrastructure, etc. on the go, as we used
> mobile applications to gather a hodgepodge of highly diverse data.
> One single application (and its plugins) quickly proved to be
> enormously useful, and that was osmand (http://osmand.net). As you
> can use maps offline, and only depend on the satellite for
> geolocation, seemingly complex things were very easily accomplished,
> tracking done, edits added and maps displayed via geo-plugins to our
> preferred collaborative reporting and wiki tool. (And this would
> equally apply to CMSs, and of course, with a bit of fine-tuning, GNU
> Health.) It's fun and can be completed with graphs and dashboard
> using additional FLOSS software.
> Stay well!

Excellent information, as usual ! Thanks a lot for sharing, and let's
work for even tighter integration with OSM for 3.2

I'm  thinking on writing a plugin that feeds directly the information
from GNU Health (eg, Domiciliary Units, epidemio, demographics, ... )
to some of the fine Free Software tools around OSM.

You're the expert on this area, so thoughts are most welcome !

Luis