Re: [Health] Worklists on imaging module

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Worklists on imaging module
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 08:30:26 +0000

Hi Euan !

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 07:53:56 +0000
"Livingstone, Euan" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Luis,
>

> I am involved with a project at Napier University looking and I am
> having some difficulty finding how to integrate services such as PACS
> and LIMS.   Currently I have both GNU health and an Orthanc Server
> but I am struggling to see how to connect the two.   They are both
> running on virtual machines, the GNU Health has the health30 test
> database setup.

Thanks for the feedback !

We are developing the interface between Orthanc and GNU Health, so
we can integrate things such as quering, sending and fetching studies
 / series from the DICOM server.

> You suggest here that there might be a plugin that could help but the
> only plugins that I could find were for a camera.
>
> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/health/plugins/

The camera and crypto are some examples of client-based plugins. What
I meant in the previous email is that it _might_ be a orthanc plugin
for the radiologist, so she or he can send directly the DICOM images
to orthanc from the workstation. But is just a possibility that is
being explored.

> You also suggest that it is possible to enter the URI of the Orthanc
> explorer but I can't see anywhere to do this.

In the image attachment, instead of Data type, you can set it to  the
URI of the Study on the PACS server.

> I would be very grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

Bests
Luis