Re: [Health] Unable to Install Payroll Module

From: Noor Medical Center
Subject: Re: [Health] Unable to Install Payroll Module
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 21:01:24 +1000

Hi Axel and Luis,

One area that GNU health excel in is the comprehensive approach to digitally automate and operate a health institution, the Payroll is the missing part here, have a basic interface to Payroll would be sufficient to extend per the health organization  and over time we could improve as well.

Payroll would be complicated if its to be built as turn key solution, I would advise to have it even as a basic module rather than depending on an external payroll is not relative to the GNU health core.

Thank you all,

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Axel !
On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 21:14:30 +0200
Axel Braun <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Luis,
>
> Am Montag, 27. Juni 2016, 10:13:26 schrieb Luis Falcon:
> > Finally, we could start a discussion about incorporating a native
> > Payroll module for GNU Health, if the community is interested.
> > Payroll is quite complex, and very specific to each country, but we
> > could set up the basis for a generic module.
>
> Not sure if this is a good idea. Payroll is even more specific than
> accounting, it needs frequent updates due to changes in legislation
> (guess why SAP has split HR from other modules? Or why most companies
> run HR separate, not only due to 'data protection', but as well due
> to the update issues), and is very specific to ach country.
> If you want to ease your life, better think about outsourcing this.

Very good point and you're right . Payroll rules are very country (and
even province) specific.

What we could do is setting up the basis for a generic module
which that could include the main components (eg, company, employee,
employee position, monthly rate, earning lines, deduction lines ...).

>From there, each country could create their own rules.

Payroll is one recurring request I get often, and this approach might
be a solution. But I'm not at all an expert on this area, so advise
is most welcome !

Thanks for your feedback !

All the best
Luis