Re: [Health] Performance Tuning

From: Khurram Shahzad
Subject: Re: [Health] Performance Tuning
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 12:58:20 +0500

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 12:33 AM, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Khurram

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 20:28:56 +0500
Khurram Shahzad <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Further investigations on the delayed response revealed that when we
> click 'New' button on patients' list, following background actions
> were run:
>
> [2016-12-13 12:52:45,215] INFO trytond.protocols.dispatcher
> model.ir.ui.view_tree_state.get(*('gnuhealth.patient.disease', '[]',
[..]
> None, {'
> [2016-12-13 12:52:45,363] INFO trytond.protocols.dispatcher
> model.ir.ui.view_tree_state.get(*('gnuhealth.patient.disability_assessment',
> [2016-12-13 12:52:45,488] INFO trytond.protocols.dispatcher
> As it is clear from the first element, the total time consumed in all
> these actions is about 7 seconds.
>
> Luckily, I unchecked the following option from my Tryton Client:
> Options -> Form -> Save Tree State
>
> As a result of disabling this option, most of the above actions
> disappeared and the time decreased to under 2 seconds.
>
> However I don't know, if disabling this setting has some negative
> effect!
>
> Regards,
> Khurram.

Thanks a lot for the feedback !!

You are most welcome!

Disabling the tree state should not have any negative effect, just not
storing the expanded fields on the tree view.

BTW, did you get to re-install the database with the --locale=C ?
That should give you a boost in performance on retrieving / loading the
views .

I did change the Locale as well!

We will create a section on "Performance tuning" for GNU Health with
these and other tips.

That would be really nice!

All the best
Luis