Re: [Health] GNUHealth back-up

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] GNUHealth back-up
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 12:56:07 +0000

Dear Yusuf

On 2/24/22 22:46, Yusif Suleiman wrote:
Dear All,
While working with gnuhealth on a laboratory for production, we decided to back-up the data. I followed the documentation on Wiki Control Center, in order to back up my db before going to the production Dbase, and I have these errors.

Someone should please help me. 'Desktop' is directory for saving the backup, and 'UCHealth' is the name of the database on my system.

# gnuhealth-control version
3.6.5.1-openSUSE

usage: gnuhealth-control command [options]

# gnuhealth-control backup --backdir <desktop> --database <UCHealth>
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'

The "<>" and "[]" denote required and optional parameters, respectively, but you don't have to include them.

So, please try something like:

$ gnuhealth-control backup --backdir /tmp --database UCHealth

This is an example... the backup would go to the /tmp dir .

Secondly, it was very easy to generate invoice on Demo database, but I try to generate an invoice on my installed database I couldn't. Maybe I miss a step.

Please open a new thread with this question, and keep up posted!

Have a great weekend!

All the best
Luis