Re: [Health] Incompatible version of the server

From: Dr. Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health] Incompatible version of the server
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 21:49:50 +0100

Hello Yusif,

Am Samstag, 19. März 2022, 16:30:23 CET schrieb Yusif Suleiman:

> Please, I have installed openSUSE Leap_15.3 and gnuhealth 3.8 successfully.
>
> The tryton client works fine on openSUSE.

I doubt that - Leap 15.3 does not ship the Tryton client - Leap 15.4 will ship
Tryton- and GNUHealth CLient

> I downloaded and installed Windows version of tryton 6.5. But the server is
> not connecting, with error 'Incompatible version of the server'.

Yes, you need a matching Tryton version to connect to the server. We have
proposed a couple of times to make the latest version of the Tryton client
compatible to earlier versions, as this would avoid issues that you are
facing, as well as it would make deployment in a production environment
easier, but the was rejected by the Tryton developers

> However, I downloaded version 5.0 to see if it's compatible, but application
> refused to open (display error attached)

There was nothing attached, and please avoid sending large pictures to the
mailing list. Please use paste.opensuse.org or any other service that can be
used to upload pictures for a temporary time

Best
Axel