hegemonie-devel

[Hegemonie-devel] countable

From: Luke Elder
Subject: [Hegemonie-devel] countable
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 18:26:15 -0400

PRAYERGod of the free, we pledge our hearts and lives today to thecause of all free mankind.
NARRATOR: Hear that, you folks in the shops?
We wouldnt employ a surgeon whod never donean appendectomy.
NARRATOR: I thought nowadays it was all radio. On the brown plaster walls were sleek naked girls.
Always, first, there has been the dream and the men who werewilling to die for it.
We pay General Marshall eight thousand dollars a year.
Its a quiet room, this central brain-cell of the Army.
NARRATOR: Well, anyhow, it sounds like a nice, easy detail.
But were clothingand feeding one million seven hundred thousand men.
Our earth is but a small star in the great universe. Were apt to forget, between wars, forget the voices andthe warnings. NARRATOR: You can bomb Detroit from Brest.
But Liberty grows likegrass in the hearts of the common people, from the blood of theirmartyrs. A piece ofnewspaper sprang up, apparently by itself, and slid along thefloor. Im going to see my friends die and hearthe wounded cry out like a whispering field. It happened over one hundredand fifty years ago and we won that one, didnt we?
We pay General Marshall eight thousand dollars a year. Just a few of the skills and services thatgo to the making of an army.
It goes back to thecross-belted Continentals and the farmers who held their fire atBunker Hill.
Yeah,were fine and the folks are swell here. VOICE: One fifty-five millimeter gun, sir. NARRATOR: You can bomb Detroit from Brest.
Always, first, there has been the dream and the men who werewilling to die for it. A free people ought not only to bearmed but disciplined.