hegemonie-devel

[Hegemonie-devel] aside

From: Bel Osborne
Subject: [Hegemonie-devel] aside
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 15:33:54 -0600

He worked his hand free and bracedhimself against the wall.
Theremust be a coupla hundred traps, Goggs said anxiously, lookinground at the men. CHAPTER THREE: UTOPISTS AND OTHERSMurders murder, Berry said, breaking the tranced silence.
Budges voice, protesting the invincibility of a just cause, wasdrowned in their gabble.
Wait and see, Coyle said, enjoying with his bitter smile Budgeshelpless misery.
The mob closedblindly over him and drew nearer to Coyle. Lifessomething you dont get two bites at. With a stampede of hoofs the coaches emerged from the dust fourhundred yards away.
Coyle caught his arm and beckonedhim away.
The dust was scarcely half a mile beyondthe bend of the road now.
Even before the duel I was often disgusted with myself.
He awoke trembling, andthought at once of his mother with a choking sense of wretchednessand guilt. He grabbed hold of the hand in whichCabell gripped his revolver. Cabell was saving the horsesfor a last dash past the shearers camp. We aint cowards to give up our swagto Cabell on the off-chance of smoodging charity from strangers.
The Garden of Eden and the reignof love on earth would grow here again if we wished it. No, I workedfrom sunrise to dark and half the night as well.
Now will youbelieve me a bullets the only thing he understands?
They mightnt call it murder either on my slab, Wagner said. I drove my woolto Brisbane on my lonesome when there wasnt any road to follow. Here there isnone of mans filth in the soil.
Volleys of sticks and stones poured on the trooper.
The coaches swung crazily from side to side in the ruts.
Larry felt in his hand thelong butchers knife he had brought to cut the cabbages.
Then he tried to tell himself that maybe it wasnt true about thescabs. If you had the guts you could be as well off as me. Were done for anyway, if we let the scabs past, Coyle said.
Wagner drawled down from six inches above thetallest head. Thats not right,Larry, pinching sheep in daylight. We only want to live and let live, he said.
You ought to get a putty medal, loving Australia like youdo. He grinned into the fire, shuddered, then wiped his hand roughlyacross his face. Larry and Coyle saddled up to go out and relieve the picket.
Sure, boss, you filled my tucker-bag more than once.
He was just aboutto kill James when his father came in with policemen. Whenthey were away from the camp Coyle took a letter from his pocketand handed it to Larry. Dont waste time listening to them, Coyle said.