hegemonie-devel

[Hegemonie-devel] property

From: Israel Blair
Subject: [Hegemonie-devel] property
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 03:39:26 -0400

Mankind had been no gainer by itsdrudges.
We were stumbling down theirregular hill-side, when the men in front suddenly dashed forward. Adhub went offwith Ahmed and Awad to look for gazelle. Thereby we would serve to promotethe not-doing rather than the doing. An Arab by saving his beast, couldbring it home in fair condition after hard work.
We lay close together, hushedand straining the ears to catch the throbbing of Allenbys guns.
Then we found one of Alis servantsstanding by his halted camel.
Beyond us the black tents of the Beni Sakhrwere like a herd of goats spotting the valley. Awad, his rank-man, each time caught his halter, and had helpedhim up before we overtook them. God have mercy uponher, she died the year of samh, in the Snainirat, of a puff-adder. Ali and I worked at the last arrangements for our ride.
His large tents, with the women, had been sent away beyondreach of the Turkish aeroplanes. Look at the drystones for my bed-place, and for Tarfas next it. They hadmissed us, to our mutual benefit, by five minutes. He decided that this little party would be fittest armedwith just one Vickers gun. The matter of the Howeitatmust be put right. To them we explained Feisals needs, and ourplan to relieve him.
Awad, his rank-man, each time caught his halter, and had helpedhim up before we overtook them.
Our skirmishers headed by Ahmed andAwad, ran out to right and left, and long shots were exchanged.
This wasGhadir el Abyadh, recommended by Mifleh as our ambush.
That, andour ready silence perplexed them.
Auda raised his haggard eyes towards the west, andsaid, The English guns. Unhappily my rest time was spoiled by a bed of justice.
My eyes wereupon a notable red camel, perhaps a seven-year-old, under a Sirhani inthe second line.
There could be no rest-houses for revolt, no dividend of joypaid out.
Ha, cried Mifleh to me while they were still a mile off, that isFahad, on his Shaara, in the front.
So Alis justice moved on wings before the food-bowls couldbe carried up.
Feisal haddeputed us to inquire into the reasons for the costly delay. It lay in a little floor ofbare limestone among sand-hummocks. Awad, his rank-man, each time caught his halter, and had helpedhim up before we overtook them.
Our clothes were splashed, our mouths running over, thetips of our fingers scalded with its heat. He was understanding, helped wisely,and wished our cause well.
Our skirmishers headed by Ahmed andAwad, ran out to right and left, and long shots were exchanged.
There we had peaceful unbroken nightonce more, and swung forward in fair order under the stars. Mustafa, my man, an inexperienced rider, fell offtwice. This country was a torn-tiddlers ground of raiding parties.
I felt his harsh beard brush my ear as he whispered to mewindily, Beware of Abd el Kader.
I felt his harsh beard brush my ear as he whispered to mewindily, Beware of Abd el Kader. Ali and I worked at the last arrangements for our ride.
He also wasunhurt, and remounted hastily.