Re: [Help-bash] How to keep only files match the prefix when do command

From: Peng Yu
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] How to keep only files match the prefix when do command completion?
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 11:57:53 -0600

> Don't forget Bash is free open source software.

Again, free doesn't mean the manual should not be improved. The fact
that you have been able to write a lot of bash completion code doesn't
mean the manual has no shortcoming. When the manual is clear enough, I
doubt it is necessary to learn bash from /Learning the Bash Shell/ or
/Advanced Bash Scripting Guide/. I am frequently directed by google to
ABSG, because the bash manual is incomprehensible. But the manual
certainly doesn't have to be in that way.

I'm not the author of bash and I am not able to completely rewritten
the corresponding manual that exact match the behavior of bash. The
authors haven't replied my last email. Unless the authors can prove
the current state of the manual is superior to what I propose, my
suggestions should be considered.

Peng