Re: [Help-bash] How to keep only files match the prefix when do command

From: Peng Yu
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] How to keep only files match the prefix when do command completion?
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 15:22:23 -0600

> I understand that it's nice to have an absolute sense of the correctness
> of your position.  I'm more skeptical, and I am less certain about the
> statistical significance of your sample size of one.

Bash is full of such examples, it is because you don't change your
perspective so you don't see other examples.

My previous question is not to question that the authors did not want
to do the best. I was just reminding the authors that there are
certain things that have been overlooked and that probably the authors
should consider, and reminding authors not to just think of reasons
for justifying previous decisions and not to refuse to change.

Let me reply to previous a few follow up messages by mentioning a
better documentation method that might be taken for bash. The
following document is for jQuery, which obviously have examples and
people can comment on the documents as well as add more explanations.
Only by this way, the document can be evolved to a source that is both
good for novice as well as experienced users. The old fashioned
info/man page clearly is outdated in the perspective of allowing a
more dynamic document.

http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.ajax/

Peng