[Help-bash] Eliminating comments

From: Bill Gradwohl
Subject: [Help-bash] Eliminating comments
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 11:38:31 -0600

If a script contains comments, the bash interpreter has to ignore them.

I doubt its possible, but Is there any way to get bash to rewrite the script without the comments, keeping the indentation and other style elements identical to the original?

Is there some other way to get an absolutely accurate version of a uncommented script from a commented version?

I want to compare multi generational scripts, one to the other, and don't want comments to be considered.

--
Bill Gradwohl