Re: [Help-bash] backgrounding a process sends it into a tailspin

From: Chet Ramey
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] backgrounding a process sends it into a tailspin
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 17:07:07 -0400

On 9/12/12 5:00 PM, Cook, Rich wrote:

> I think that starts putting me in the woods.  gnuplot needs stdin or it is
> kind of useless to us

Well, then why worry about the problem of putting it in the background
anyway?  You can't read from stdin in the background.  If you just say
it won't work in the background, and attempting to start it in the
background is user error because it needs stdin, we're not having this
conversation.

Chet Ramey, ITS, CWRU    address@hidden    http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/