Re: [Help-bash] Fetch emails from a remote host

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Fetch emails from a remote host
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 15:24:01 -0600

address@hidden wrote:
>  - Are there any files in the Maildir of the server?
>  - Are there any differences between server's Maildir and client's Maildir?

I am using maildirsync for this exact purpose.

  http://code.google.com/p/maildirsync/

I am using the Debian packaged version of it.  (Hmm...  No.  I am
using a locally hacked copy of the previous version of it.  Time to
remember why.)

>  $ ssh address@hidden "rm /home/user/Maildir/new/*"
> (I haven't tried this one, but it should work.)

I would be inclined to use find's -delete option.  No shell quoting
issues that way.

  ssh address@hidden find /home/user/Maildir/new -type f -delete

Bob