Re: [Help-bash] bash key mapping in reverse-i-search mode

From: Sinbad
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] bash key mapping in reverse-i-search mode
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 10:07:05 +0530

Hi chet,

i'm running GNU bash, version 4.2.0(1)-release (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
it still not working, the following is the mapping.

 bind -m vi-insert  '",r":reverse-search-history'

i can get the mapping to work the first time, but when in reservese-search-mode
the mapping doesn't work any more, i have to presss ctrl-r, to go through reverse
entries...

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Chet Ramey <address@hidden> wrote:
On 8/21/12 12:20 AM, Sinbad wrote:

> i just tried with bash version 4.2, GNU bash, version 4.2.0(1)-release
> (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
> i still doesn't work, i tested the following. ,b is mapped for reverse search.
>
> $ git one
> $ git two
> $,b
> $(reverse-i-search)`':git
> $(reverse-i-search)`':git two
> $(reverse-i-search)`':git two # {press ,b} here, it wont move to git one,
> it just get's struck there
>
> apparently it is working for you, am i doing something wrong ?

Here's what I did.  Using emacs mode on bash-4.2.37, I ran

bind '",b":reverse-search-history'

After that, successively entering `,b' takes me back through the history
until there are no more instances of the search string.

Chet
Chet Ramey, ITS, CWRU    address@hidden    http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/