Re: [Help-bash] databases for bash and other data structures

From: Jesse Molina
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] databases for bash and other data structures
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 23:30:44 -0700

Chris Down wrote:
Have you considered using flat files with a directory hierarchy?

I had already written a little csv table with multiple rows. Iterating through the file with "read", until I found the right row via index and then "read COLUMN1 COLUMN2 COLUMN3..." is easy enough, if performance abhorrent, but updating the rows just got ugly and from there I decided that stabbing myself in the eye with a fork wasn't a good idea.

--
# Jesse Molina
# Mail = address@hidden