Re: [Help-bash] Editing a running bash script can cause it fail?

From: Chris Down
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Editing a running bash script can cause it fail?
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 10:59:05 +0800

I'm not totally sure how it happens or what the conditions for re-reading the script are, but it is known[1].

PS (to Chet, et al): is this documented in detail somewhere? This seems like one of the few things that I've not been able to find functional documentation on, whether in the bash manuals, or elsewhere.

1: http://stackoverflow.com/a/6303416/945780