Re: [Help-bash] script with ssh and filenames with spaces

From: gscantlen
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] script with ssh and filenames with spaces
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 21:32:31 +0000 (UTC)

plz help with this script,

I wish to ssh this command to several hosts:
ls -alst "dir with spaces"

This script is close but I need DOUBLE-quotes around the remote commands
#! /bin/bash

PARAMS_FOR_LS=(-alst "dir with spaces")

# get directory of local system
ls "address@hidden"

# get directory of remote systems

#do search 'x' for a hostname; get host1
ssh host1 ls "address@hidden"

#do search 'y' for a hostname; get host2
ssh host2 ls "address@hidden"

#do search 'z' for a hostname; get host3
ssh host3 ls "address@hidden"

I have tried several variations of eval and echo.
plz help

Greg,
your Cc did not contain my question.
I was not able to use your answer.
I get the following:
+ ssh ccn000 bash 'ls "address@hidden"' EOF
/bin/ls: /bin/ls: cannot execute binary file

> I wish to ssh this command to several hosts:
> ls -alst "dir_with_spaces"

for host in "address@hidden"; do
  ssh "$host" bash <<-'EOF'
        ls -alst "your directory"
        EOF
done

The - in front of the here document's delimiter allows indentation with
tabs only (not spaces).

I Cc'ed address@hidden because that's more appropriate for this
question.