[Help-bash] Converting from zsh

From: grarpamp
Subject: [Help-bash] Converting from zsh
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 00:51:06 -0400

I really like to convert from zsh. In part because
zsh has some posix issues I hit on. Anyway, the
last conversion step keeping me away from bash
is I haven't found bash's completion options for the
following interactive...

zsh:
cd /us [first tab, completes /usr]
[second tab, displays list under /usr]
[third and further tabs, cycles through possible
completions dirs under /usr]

bash:
cd /us [first tab, completes /usr]
[second tab, does nothing, wasted]
[third tab, displays /usr]
[fourth and further tabs, does nothing, wasted]
now append / to the first tab's completion of /usr
[further tabs, display possible completions, but
do not cycle through them]

So how do I emulate zsh's very efficient unwasted
tab mechanics in bash? Specificaly the elimination
of wasted tabs, and the cycling of possible completions?
The manpage is a bit unclear or spread out for me to
grok that. Thanks!