[Help-bash] Newbie hello...

From: BARRY WALKER
Subject: [Help-bash] Newbie hello...
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 21:07:20 +0000 (UTC)

Hi everyone...

I am new here, hmmm, standard phrase... ;o)

A little about myself.

I am an amateur self taught coder in a few languages.
I do it in my spare time as I am usually not near a
computer during the working day except for simple Windows
related stuff. I code badly, but I code to work not work
to code... ;o)

In January 2013 I joined, and am now an active member of,
www_dot_unix_dot_com. I wanted to learn shell scripting big
time so I started bragging about doing a serious kids level
app'. I had visions of the big guns on there thinking to
themselves "here we go again we have got another one"... ;oD

Well I started this app and it is now a serious entity in its
own right and after the first couple of posts I was getting
voluntary help from the big guns...

What is this app'?

Well it is nearly a fully calibrated AC coupled text mode only
AudioScope using the mic and earphone ports. Arduino takes
care of the DC component within limits ATM and I am working
on a mic input DC detector.

I have uploaded the very latest at the above site but you need
to be a member to access it. It also has a full history of this
app' including photos etc. The very first script is still viewable
without being a member however...

The script does everything and contains text mode circuits, signal
generation, etc, etc...

Stats of the script as of today are:-
Total lines 2680.

Split up as:-

27 blank lines.

1255 comments including the manual and circuits so far.

1398 lines of proper code.

File length is now 108463 bytes in size as of this upload...

So what started as a 3KB file is something huge for a script... ;oD

If you are not a member and do not want to join the unix site then
an earlier version can be found here:-

https://github.com/wisecracker-bazza/Scope/tree/https-/github.com/wisecracker-bazza/Scope

This is sitting at version 02550...

Hope you all enjoy it...

RSVP.

--
73...

Bazza, G0LCU...

Team AMIGA...

The less that I speak, the smarter I sound.