Re: [Help-bash] Bash history

From: Chris F.A. Johnson
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Bash history
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 12:32:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 23 Mar 2015, Bharath Bhushan Lohray wrote:

I don't think this will do what I am trying to do. I am trying to
emulate MATLAB console like behaviour in bash. In MATLAB, using the
up arrow key when a few characters are typed, lets the user cycle
only through the commands that begin with those characters.

   That's exactly what it does do. Did you try it?

- Bharath