[Help-bash] Adding prefix to commands automatically printed when `set -v

From: Peng Yu
Subject: [Help-bash] Adding prefix to commands automatically printed when `set -v` is enabled
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 09:23:18 -0500

Hi,

In some other languages, for example, in R, not only the command
running can be printed but also a prompt string is prepended to the
command so that it is easy to see which line is the command and which
line is the output. I don't think this feature is available when set
-v is enabled (If it is available, please let me know). If not, is it
a useful feature to be added to bash in the future?

Peng