Re: [Help-bash] Is a script run previously cached temporarily in bash?

From: Greg Wooledge
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Is a script run previously cached temporarily in bash?
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 08:19:23 -0400

On Tue, Jun 09, 2015 at 05:19:21PM -0500, Peng Yu wrote:
> Hi, I seems that when a script (in $PATH) is changed, bash may still
> use the previous unchanged version for some time.

I think you might be confused by the fact that when a script is being
executed by bash, and you edit that script, you have a high probability
of breaking things because bash continues reading the edited script at
the same byte offset where it left off reading the original script.
Which is probably right in the middle of a line, in the edited script.

Apart from a script that is already opened, no, there is no caching of
content by the shell.