Re: [Help-bash] Why "; ;" is a syntax error?

From: Greg Wooledge
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Why "; ;" is a syntax error?
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 08:20:03 -0400

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 10:15:39PM +1000, Matthew Cengia wrote:
> (I honestly can't understand the value in
> questioning the grammar in this manner)

Peng is very confused.  The syntax defines what is LEGAL.  Everything that
does not conform to the syntax is a syntax error.  So asking "why is ___
a syntax error" is a really stupid question.  It's a syntax error because
it's not one of the allowed constructs.  That's it.

Just stop writing broken crap.  And stop asking why the broken crap you
wrote is broken.