[Help-bash] Source Code Inquiry - Bash Catching Ctrl R

From: Devin Dwyer
Subject: [Help-bash] Source Code Inquiry - Bash Catching Ctrl R
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 13:02:17 -0400

Hello,

I am interested in finding out where in the Bash source code the "signal"
spawned by Ctrl R is caught and dealt with to invoke the reverse search
tool. I have been looking through shell.c, isearch.c, and eval.c
(reader_loop in particular). I can't seem to find where the shell loop
accounts for the Ctrl suite (S, R, etc).

I am interested in adding a function to Bash that is also invoked with
Ctrl.

I will keep looking for it but any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Devin Dwyer

*Devin P. Dwyer*
BS Computing Security, Class of 2017
Rochester Institute of Technology
*Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences
<http://www.rit.edu/gccis/>*
email: address@hidden
phone: 631.747.0053