Re: [Help-bash] Why bash does not recoganize array type smartly?

From: Stephane Chazelas
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Why bash does not recoganize array type smartly?
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 15:32:20 +0000

2016-03-16 14:22:41 +0000, Dan Douglas:
[...]
> An example problem I'm having right now that might be more easily
> solved is lots of bash shells opened in tmux sessions, where If i log
> in more than once and re-attach, there's no way to synchronize the
> environment of all my running shells with the updated tmux session.
> With dbus-glib support in bash I could potentially register a bash
> function with dbus and call it from the new login session to update
> the environment (without having to rely on sigusr traps).
[...]

Sounds like you could use some
~/.tmux/bash-sessions/${TMUX//\/_} files and a $PROMPT_COMMAND
that sources them for that (assuming I understand what your
saying).

I suppose that $PROMPT_COMMAND could also do some
eval "$(dbus-querying-command)"
though (I'll have to admit I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to
dbus, that may not make sense).

--
Stephane