[Help-bash] newbei Q

From: Val Krem
Subject: [Help-bash] newbei Q
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 23:27:58 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all,

I have this script in other folder /test/kr.sh

#!/bin/bash
### define folders

f1=/test/data/folder1
f2=/test/data/folder2
f3=/test/data/folder3

# defined variables
var1=test.dat
var2=201526
var3= xcv
these three variables  will be used in several places throughout the script.

My question

1. I want use the unzip command to unzip files that are in the folder1
and to put the unzipped files in folder1

unzip $f1/'*.zip' . However, I found the unzip files in the current
folder(where I am running the script). How can I correct this one.

2. I have one executable FORTRAN (hashE) program and need the input file and
the input file is in other folder

cd $f3
    hashE $f1/$var1_filename.csv

the error message is

/test/data/folder1/.csv: No such file or directory

How do I correct this one?

Thank  in advance

Val