Re: [Help-bash] files

From: Val Krem
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] files
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 19:07:39 +0000 (UTC)

Thank you Bob,

Now it is working. It is formatting issue as well.

val

On Friday, April 22, 2016 9:56 PM, Bob Proulx <address@hidden> wrote:
Val Krem wrote:
> Your suggestion works fine for small data set. When I applied it for
> bigger data set it not working. IS an array a limitation?

The usual reason this doesn't work is because the files are not sorted
in the collating sequence specified by the LC_COLLATE locale.  Both
the sort and the join must be in the same locale.  I don't know what
is wrong here yet but often people will sort in one locale and join in
a different locale.

Try the --check-order option to verify.

> When I applied this for my big data it gave me  the last two columns.

The smaller you can make your test cases the better.  Easier to debug.

Bob