[Help-bash] Find and stop processes

From: Danny
Subject: [Help-bash] Find and stop processes
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 14:45:19 +0200

Hi,

I currently have some scripts that are executed via procmail which works just
fine. Just one little issue though, I have no way (apart from doing it manually)
of stopping all of them with one command.

All the scripts are named like this -> "parameters_probe_*.php" (where the * is
the numerical position of the probe).

Is there a way I can search for these filenames (like this):
ps -ax | grep "parameters_probe" then isolate the process ID and then kill them
one by one?

Hope I am making sense.

Thank you

Danny