Re: [Help-bash] Bash don't get run during boots up

From: Greg Wooledge
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Bash don't get run during boots up
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 10:30:52 -0400

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 08:23:29AM -0600, Eduardo Bustamante wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 3:40 AM, Park Kit <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]
> > I have cross-complied Bash but I don't get a prompt when a box boots up.
> > Have used bash as init process.
>
> Why? I don't think bash is meant to be used like that.

Sometimes, on Linux systems, a kernel argument like "init=/bin/sh" is
used to enter a rescue environment, when even the traditional single
user mode is not working.  (One example of this is "I forgot root's
password", on a system where single user mode prompts for that.)

I suspect help-bash is not going to be the best list for this question,
unless the Original Poster has it working with "init=/bin/bash" and
failing with "init=/bin/mybash", where mybash is the program compiled
with whatever changes the OP introduced, and bash is the OS vendor's
bash shell.