Re: [Help-bash] Command completion with * in the middle?

From: Peng Yu
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Command completion with * in the middle?
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 09:42:24 -0600

>     complete -I -F f -o bashdefault

I don't quite understand the manual about -I. Could anybody help
explain it? Thanks.

              on  a  blank  line.  The -I option indicates that other supplied
              options and actions should apply to  completion  on  the  inital
              non-assignment  word  on  the line, or after a command delimiter
              such as ; or |, which is usually command  name  completion.   If

Peng