Re: [Help-bash] Command completion with * in the middle?

From: David Niklas
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Command completion with * in the middle?
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 21:44:45 -0500

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 10:31:21 +0900
help-bash <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Maybe not so much...
> > % complete -I -F f -o bashdefault
> > bash: complete: -I: invalid option
>
> Which version of Bash do you use? The option `-I' was recently
> introduced in Bash 5.0.
>
> Best regards,
> Koichi

%  bash --version
GNU bash, version 4.4.12(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

This is free software; you are free to change and redistribute it.

On Devuan (Debian) Linux.
Yes, I'm up-to-date with my software.

Give me a second and I'll try some of these other responses' suggestions.

Thanks