Re: [Help-bash] Passing multiple arrays to a function

From: Greg Wooledge
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Passing multiple arrays to a function
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 11:45:33 -0500

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 08:39:30AM -0500, Chet Ramey wrote:
> > I have nothing good to say about that hack.  At some point a couple
> > years ago, we asked Chet whether it was actually a supported thing,
> > or whether a future bug-fix of the parser might make it stop behaving
> > this way, and the answer was inconclusive.
>
> I don't remember this discussion. Can you point me to a message or thread?

The thread starts here:
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-bash/2012-05/msg00138.html>

Bill Gradwohl introduces the "hack" (my wording) here:
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-bash/2012-05/msg00141.html>

Your response is here:
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-bash/2012-05/msg00152.html>