[Help-bash] The best way to monitor the number of concurrently running p

From: Peng Yu
Subject: [Help-bash] The best way to monitor the number of concurrently running processes forked by a main bash script ?
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 22:24:30 -0500

Hi,

I want to monitor the number of concurrently running processes forked
from a bash script. I could use things like top. But I don't think
this can easily monitor the processes especially when processes finish
very quickly. Probably a way that is native to bash might be better.
Is it possible?

What is the best way to monitor this info? Thanks.

Peng