[Help-bash] Replace empty files with real ones

From: James
Subject: [Help-bash] Replace empty files with real ones
Date: Sat, 11 May 2019 00:44:15 +0200

Hello,

I'm in a nasty situation and I couldn't figure out how to solve this issue.
A large number of my pictures are gone due to a badly written bash script.
I could recover many of them but some are just empty files (with proper names,
though).
Luckily, some pictures had been saved multiple places, and they had unique file
names.
I was wondering if I could replace the empty files with regular images if they
have the very same file name?

For instance /mnt/recover/dir1/img007.jpg  file is empty but
/home/user/Images/dir7/img007.jpg has content.
(there can be many duplicates of img007.jpg elsewhere)

find /mnt/recover -type f -empty   found 20.000 files or so.

Thank you