[Help-bash] Native way to renice bash process and all the children?

From: Peng Yu
Subject: [Help-bash] Native way to renice bash process and all the children?
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 12:04:44 -0500

Hi,

Once a bash process starts, I want it to be able to renice its own
priority and all the child processes within the script. The following
solution only works on Linux. I'd like a solution that works on both
Linux and Mac. Is there any feature native in bash that can get this
done?

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/294299/how-to-renice-all-threads-and-children-of-one-process-on-linux

BTW, if a process gets renice after it starts, will all the child
processes started after the main process is reniced get the reniced
priority? Or the child processes will get the original priority of the
parent process?

Peng