[Help-bash] Simple syntax nice a subprocess in a pipeline?

From: Peng Yu
Subject: [Help-bash] Simple syntax nice a subprocess in a pipeline?
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 17:52:10 -0500

Hi,

I'd like to nice the process in which fun2 runs (fun2 is a bash
function instead of an external command, so directly use `nice fun2`
is not appropriate).

fun1 | fun2 | fun3 ...

I could get the PID in between the first "|" and the second "|", then
renice that PID. But this is more cumbersome than the syntax of nicing
an external program.

Is there a convenient syntax to nice a subprocess in a pipeline? Thanks.

Peng