Re: [Help-bash] Help to add new builtin

From: Greg Wooledge
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Help to add new builtin
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 08:47:01 -0400

On Thu, Aug 08, 2019 at 08:19:50AM -0300, Joaquin Manuel Crespo wrote:
> I have a personal project  ( ProyectoInvierno
> <https://www.github.com/shyanjmc/ProyectoInvierno> ) and I am trying to add
> a new builtin to BASH.

For some time, bash has had the ability to create and use "loadable
builtins", which are stored in separate files on disk, and loaded with
the "enable" command (enable -f filename builtinname).

You might want to pursue that, instead of trying to alter the source
code of bash itself, unless you project actually is "to get my builtin
into the worldwide bash releases".