Re: bash loadables homebrew installation

From: Koichi Murase
Subject: Re: bash loadables homebrew installation
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 09:55:25 +0900

> I use homebrew to install bash. But I don't find a way to
> automatically install bash loadables and set the corresponding
> enviroment in homebrew. Does anybody know if this is possible?
> Thanks.

I'm not sure because I don't have macOS, but I guess the loadable
builtins are already installed when you installed the latest bash with
homebrew because it seems the brew formula for bash just runs
`make install'.

  https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/blob/master/Formula/bash.rb#L65-L66

I guess the loadable builtins are located in some path like

  /usr/local/Cellar/bash/5.0.18/lib/bash

If the loadables are located in the above path, I think you can use
the following setting:

  BASH_LOADABLES_PATH=/usr/local/Cellar/bash/5.0.18/lib/bash

--
Koichi