Re: command completion after *

From: Koichi Murase
Subject: Re: command completion after *
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2021 12:49:05 +0800

2021年3月7日(日) 10:22 Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@gmail.com>:
> On one machine `ls *rc<TAB>` can complete the command to `ls blahrc`
> (suppose there is a file called blahrc). On another machine, it stays
> as `ls *rc` (the file blahrc also exists).

> The bash versions are different. Does this explain the command
> completion difference?

I don't think the difference between 5.1.4 and 5.1.0 is relevant here.
All of the four patches are unrelated to the completion.

> Is there anything else I need to check to see
> what cause the difference?

These are the settings related to the completion:

$ complete -p
$ bind -v | grep -e comp -e stats
$ shopt | grep comp | grep -v compat

Also, maybe the behavior depends on what files are in the same
directory. For example, when there is another file matching the
pattern `*rc' (such as `src'), `*rc' is ambiguous so that it might not
be expanded to either `blahrc' or `src'.

--
Koichi