Re: How to make GUI applications inherit PATH

From: Fernando Basso
Subject: Re: How to make GUI applications inherit PATH
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 18:13:42 -0300

Thank you all for the answers, knowledge and insights.

Aside from the other things I have learned, I'll am using Greg's
solution and avoiding reading my the user's dotfiles.

    #!/bin/bash

    if ! command -v node > /dev/null; then
      export NVM_DIR="$HOME/.nvm"
      [ -s "$NVM_DIR/nvm.sh" ] && source "$NVM_DIR/nvm.sh"
    fi

    exec gvim -f "$@"

PS: I did not receive Greg's email, but I see it in the mailing list
archives (not sure if I accidentally removed it or something):

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-bash/2021-03/threads.html