Re: how to exclude results from PS0\1 \ PROMPT_COMMAND

From: ikhxcsz7y xmbott
Subject: Re: how to exclude results from PS0\1 \ PROMPT_COMMAND
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 15:07:04 +0100

thank you,
i dont do much, i have to experiment way more to know what all the vars and
cases do
i was trying to complete my prompt, also i cant say for sure what im on
about

i just observed PS0 gets printed by every command also in PROMPT_COMMAND so
i wondered how to exclude such
it was also only one var assiignment in the prompt
-- cut -- sorry its a bit off the project but i wanted to answer you, sadly
i cant write exactly whaht i mean into words here - im sorry

in short
a) exclude cmds from display system
a.2) possibly by having a list of patterns to excllude then cutting those
off of $BASH_COMMAND
a.2.1) then on PS* use ${var:+format here}

.. thanks yo