Re: `printf %q` but more human readable

From: Peng Yu
Subject: Re: `printf %q` but more human readable
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 10:33:32 -0500

On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 9:52 AM Alex fxmbsw7 Ratchev <fxmbsw7@gmail.com> wrote:

> sounds to me like a [too] big thing to code
> a tokenizer to internal codes then to output format

It is a balance of code complexity and the corner cases that it
covers. At least, I have a bash implementation that covers some common
cases. So the question is, if not all cases can be covered perfectly
in bash, what are other common cases that should be covered and how to
cover them without introducing too much code complexity and slowing
down the code for common cases too much.

Peng