Re: Counting words, fast!

From: Jesse Hathaway
Subject: Re: Counting words, fast!
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 10:58:47 -0500

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 10:50 AM Dennis Williamson
<dennistwilliamson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you try smaller blocks? I didn't see any difference above 4K. Did you
> verify that the counts are correct? Your code is a little different than mine
> and may fix the count issue I was having.

I did try smaller blocks, but like you I didn't see any difference, I
decided to just
go with 64K, since that was the highest amount given by the constraints.

With the code I sent the counts did match when I ran:

./optimized.bash <kjvbible_x10.txt | python3 normalize.py >output.txt