Re: Multiple concurrent coprocesses

From: Chet Ramey
Subject: Re: Multiple concurrent coprocesses
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 09:33:17 -0400

On 3/21/21 4:38 PM, Zachary Santer wrote:
Okay. I've at least seen job control report when each coprocess I created on the command line has ended, instead of waiting until they're all dead. And the coproc name going through name expansion is nice. Unless and until I'm allowed to bring my script home, I won't be able to show off what it's able to do, taking advantage of this Bash installation, though.

I'm curious what satisfactory testing would look like.

Something more than the trivial cases I've thrown at it. I'm interested in
whether or not the code has deadlock problems in the presence of pipelines.

Chet Ramey, UTech, CWRU    chet@case.edu    http://tiswww.cwru.edu/~chet/