[Help-cfengine] Request

From: Michael Coffman
Subject: [Help-cfengine] Request
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 11:15:17 -0600 (MDT)

I am new to using cfengine and have a question/request.

I would like to use cfengine to manage files on a group of systems.
I want to:

 - maintain a central or master section
 - Allow the addition of a local section, or single entries
 - Allow local entries to override the master entries
 - Eliminate duplicate entries

>From what I know of cfengine, I am thinking of creating a kind of work
directory where I would store both the local and master copies on each
system.  I would maintain a check sum database for the local file.  If
either file changes, I would update the copies in the work directory.

I now need to write a script to assemble the files into the actual system
config file.

Is anyone doing anything similar to this?
Would you be willing to share scripts/templates?

Thanks.

-MichaelC
-- Life is lived forward but understood backward.