info needed reg cfengine.

From: chetana
Subject: info needed reg cfengine.
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 17:34:31 +0530

Hello ,
   I am chetana, from TEXAS INSTRUMENTS, India. I needed some clarifications regarding the functionality
of cfengine.

Does cfengine have a knowledge-base about the Operating system's files? This means that, if one were to change the permissions for a system file, would cfengine be able to report the discrepency , without having the correct mode specified in the files section in the configuration file?

I agree, this is most likely not possible , since ,if it were, it would have to maintain a knowledge base about many Operating systems! but this is just a thought... Kindly respond if there's any way to do it automatically..

Thanks in advance...

--
 Regds,

Chetana